Current Job Openings
Description for Network Architect : Growing IT consulting company is seeking a Network Architect to be responsible for the design of client ISP and Data Center networks. This role will be a technical lead and escalation point for the operations team as it relates to troubleshooting, implementation and maintenance windows for client networks.
The Network Architect will work closely with operations engineers to support both consulting engagements and managed customer networks. Minimum of 10 years of experience in an ISP or service provider environment is required. Cisco or Juniper professional level or higher certification is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience will also be considered in lieu of certification if the candidate has at least 10 years of experience in a service provider role.
Location: Remote Worker/US
Language: English (primary) with secondary language skills in Spanish, Portuguese, French, German or others is a plus but not a requirement.
Responsibilities for Network Architect:
• Support 24×7 environments by participating in after hours on-call rotation as an escalation for operations engineers .
• Must be able to work after hours maintenance windows when required by clients
• Provide a technical layer between business stakeholders and operations network engineering
• Manage network integration, deployment, migration and greenfield projects from a technical perspective and coordinate with the team project manager to meet deliverable timelines
• Design, configuration/deployment and documentation of complex L1/L2/L3 service provider topologies including BGP, OSPF (or IS-IS), MPLS, Segment Routing, L2/L3, VoIP and Video topologies for IPv4 and IPv6
• Design, configuration/deployment and documentation of complex L1/L2/L3 data center leaf/spine topologies including BGP, OSPF (or IS-IS), MPLS, EVPN/VxLAN, L2/L3, VoIP and Video topologies for IPv4 and IPv6
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
• Creating blog content (within the scope of Network Engineering) to support company outreach and technical marketing
• Exhibit leadership qualities by taking the initiative to identify and resolve issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned to support the continued success of the team
Requirements for Network Architect:
• Ability to work independently in managing projects and providing technical guidance to operations engineers
• A minimum of 10 years of verifiable implementation and troubleshooting experience in a Network Engineering role for a service provider.
• A minimum of 3 years of verifiable design experience in a Network Engineering or Architecture role for a service provider.
Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong technical expertise with 10 years of hands-on experience in networking technologies with expertise in IP network hardware, routing protocols, high availability network monitoring and design, network security, and VoIP/Video.
• Extremely proficient in routing protocols implementation and design (BGP, OSPF (or IS-IS), EIGRP)
• Extremely proficient with MPLS, VPN, Layer 2/3, and P-t-P / P-t-MP network implementation and design.
• Proficient in configuring and troubleshooting VoIP protocols, QoS and IP transport for voice (SIP, MGCP, Skinny, H.323, DSCP, MPLS EXP bits)
• Direct knowledge of Cisco or Juniper routers and switches (MikroTik knowledge a strong plus)
• Working knowledge and experience with IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing.
• Knowledge of Telecommunications environments, operations, structure and circuit types.
Please submit your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will participate in a technical interview with Senior Network Architects.