IP ArchiTechs is always looking for qualified network engineers to join the team. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date Posted: 8/28/2016
Location: Jackson, MS
Position: Lead Network Engineer
Description: The role of Lead Network Engineer is expected to demonstrate an expert level of knowledge in the design, implementation and troubleshooting of large and complex enterprise networks. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in routing and switching with experience in supporting enterprise security and wireless deployments. Certifications strongly desired are CCNP and CCIE or equivalent work experience that reflects an expert level knowledge in enterprise networking. The candidate must be a self-starter and able to perform and obtain results under minimal supervision. Strong written and verbal communications skills are required to succeed in this position.
Responsibilities: A Lead Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customers’ internal/external networks, including, private data centers as well as colocated and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking knowledge. This role will be responsible for designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
As a member of the network operations team, a Lead Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. The Lead network Engineer will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address escalations to Tier 3, work with the project manager on team-related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
- Experience in large enterprise networks and data centers
- Proven hands-on network engineering and troubleshooting experience
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Experience configuring and deploying Cisco routers/switches (Cisco 4500,6500, 6800, Nexus 7k/5k)
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise security devices (Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc)
- Experience configuring and deploying enterprise wireless devices (Cisco APs, Cisco WLC, Cisco Prime)
- F5 and Load Balancer knowledge is a strong plus
- MikroTik knowledge is a strong plus
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
IP ArchiTechs offers an extremely competitive compensation package and a great work environment that has significant opportunities for professional development and advancement as a network engineer and IT professional.
Please send your resume along with salary requirements to email@example.com